Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 21: The Gods Must Be Crazy

Yesterday morning, Mark went and visited his old school while Kyle and I hung out at the house. Mark seemed to have a good time visiting. While Mark was gone, Kyle and I ran into a dilemma. Here we were, just being quiet in the room; Kyle was sitting up against the wall in his bed and catching up on the latest movie criticism online, and I was reading Winnie-the-Pooh. All of a sudden I hear Kyle say, "Daniel...Daniel look." I look to my right and Kyle is sitting V-shaped on the floor with his head and upper-back against the wall and his legs held up by the rest of the bed that hadn't collapsed.

Kyle was sleeping on a classic, portable stretcher bed. While he was sitting up against the wall, the legs at the head of the bed had unlocked and folded under Kyle. I began to laugh and asked, "What happened?" while getting out of my bed to help. He said, "I don't know. The legs just folded under." We were both laughing a lot at this point, trying to figure out the bed situation. To add to the laughter, Kyle had been wearing a set of purple, bunny earmuffs most of the morning and was still wearing them the whole time we were fixing the bed.

We eventually got the bed fixed. Mark came back from his old school. We had lunch with the Parker's and then went to the Maloof Skate Park. It's a great park. We met a lot of kids there and had a fun time skating. Michelle even came out with Keren and Sarah to skate.

After a good time skating we went back to the house and played barbies with the girls. Later, we had dinner and watched a movie. We watched "The Gods Must Be Crazy", which was great. The Parkers went to bed while Kyle, Mark, and I stayed up and watched "Speed". Then we watched "The Bourne Identity".

2 comments:

  1. I keep waiting for the Big Hole Tour. You can't be in Kimberley and not see the Groot Gat.
    Barbies and the Maloof, sounds like an amazing day. Mark, I'm anxious to hear how your school visit went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you ,but i miss you so much :( Can we Skype soon? :) Love ya!!!!!

    ReplyDelete