Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 17: Last day in Cape

Saturday we woke up, got ready, and were out of the house by 10:00am. We went down to Kalk Baai (Bay) and Mark met up with some old family friends. Brent, Kyle, and I did some shopping at local stores along the coast there. The places had really cool things. A lot of antique shops. It's too bad we can't bring a lot of stuff back with us.

It was another chill day. Mark met up with us later and we finished moseying through the different shops. We also stopped and listened to some live music. I paid a few rands and filmed them, but the wanted me to pay them a R100. They told me that I was going to enjoy it later, so I should pay more. I said, "You guys are getting free promotion when I share this, so we're even."

After shopping, we left and Brent asked us if we wanted to get ice cream by the beach. We all were hesitant, partially because of my lactose-intolerance, but he said, "We're going anyway." So we had some of the best ice cream I have ever had...on the beach...and Brent took pictures of a little kid (with the parent's permission).

We went back to Brent's flat, made lunch, laid around, and talked. Mark slept. After being lazy for a few hours we decided to go back into town for one last dinner with Brent. We went to a pizzeria called Rafiki's which was very good. We watched the Olympics for a while and just talked and goofed.

We had a really nice time at Rafiki's, on our second double date of the week, and decided to call it a night. Like I said before, at this point we've had to push start Brent's car every time he'd turn it off. So, here we go for another push. We get it going down a fairly steep hill with about 100 yards in length to get it started. Brent is not able to get it going, so Kyle, Mark, and I began to chase him down the hill because the road levels off to a stop sign. Finally, we catch up to Brent at the stop sign and are laughing hysterically. We began to push him again through an unavoidable, very busy street and are still laughing because we are holding up traffic pretty badly. We thought we were done and there was no way the car was going to start. Luckily, after about 30 more yards of pushing the car, Brent never gave up and got it to go. We all hopped in and went home.

P.S. I don't think I will ever eat a whole bunny chow in one sitting again. Ever.

P.S.S. We also saw a rugby player with no pants.

P.P.P.S. Below is a picture of all the food we took on the day of the shark dive.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, nice to see Brent! We have really been entertained by the blog, I laugh hard at something almost every post. Tonight's favorite? Rugby player, food stash, too much bunny chow, and random musicians asking for R100.. ah, Africa.
    M's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get the "no pants" thing...nobody seems to act like anything's unusual...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't act like it was unusual because we didn't have pants on either... -Kyle

      Delete
  3. No pants no problems.

    - Callie

    ReplyDelete