Thursday, July 19, 2012

London Calling

I am unbelievably tired right now. We just flew into South Africa from London on an 11 hour flight. I wasn't able to post yesterday due to the lack of wifi (short for not being able to access the electrobytes and download the megapixels on the mainframe motherboard). We are now hanging out at Bob's Bunkhouse and getting some rest.

Yesterday (or was it? I don't even know anymore), was awesome. We were actually able to get out of the airport and go into London for a little bit. Our flight to London from Chicago was delayed, so we were cut short an hour to spend in London but we still got to see it anyway.

We saw Big Ben! It was pretty awesome. The video we got coming up from the subway to seeing the clock tower is great thanks to Mark. We also have a short cut of Mark skating in front of Big Ben.

After that we went straight to South Bank; a famous skate spot in London. This is a place that I've seen in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for years. Getting to skate there for a little bit was surreal and awesome.

We didn't get fish and chips, which was a bummer. But maybe we can on our flight back.

I still can't believe we are only 2 days into our trip. Everything has been awesome so far and we feel like we've already done so much. We are so excited about the weeks to come.

For now, I am going to take a nap.

P.S. When Mark started talking with Bob, of Bob's Bunkhouse, his accent kicked in. It was awesome.

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! I've been checking the blog constantly looking for a new post. I was so excited to find this one this morning. Many people are praying for your safety and an overall successful trip. We love you and are very excited to see your adventure unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - Kyle's looking a little low on steam! Haha! Love you Kyle!!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys look great! thank you for taking time to keep us all posted...we really enjoy the blog and the photos! mark's accent has always been there, he just sits on it in AR! ha. you can get lekker fish & chips in S'Africa if you missed them there...As the Brits (and Mark say...use the accent) "have a lovely day and drink plenty of water for the jetlag lads!" steve & kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was getting worried also.Glad you guys are having so much fun.I love the pictures.Please updated on here as much as possible. As soon as I get home from work this is the first place I go.I love you guys and am very excited for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete