Friday, July 20, 2012

Breakfast and Sleep Talking

Kyle and I sleep talk quite a bit, if not every night. Sometimes what we say is understandable; a lot of the time it makes no sense. At times it's subtle, and at other times it gets a little crazy. But, all of it is funny.

Last night at Bob's I had a conversation with Kyle that went something like this:

Daniel: I need you to go to the bank...
Kyle: What?
D: Go to the bank and the checking.
K: Daniel, what are you talking about?
D: Mom! Mom, I need you... The bank.. My credit card is... I need you to go for me...
K: Dude, I think your sleep talking man.
D: Huh?
K: You're sleep talking to me.
D: Oh, okay.
K: You were sleep talking, right?
D: Yep. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Thanks to Kyle for writing the conversation out.

Kyle woke me up twice with incoherent, crazy sleep talking last night. Both times I had to calm him down by patting his head and saying, "Kyle, calm down man." The reason I patted his head was because that's the only part of him I could reach from my bunk.

This morning we had toast with peanut butter and jam and apples for breakfast. We did some filming, took a picture with Bob and Joan, said our goodbyes, and hopped on the BAZ Bus (our mode of transportation).

Durban is our next stop. Looking forward to a couple days at the beach and some skateboarding. Should be good!

P.S. Riding on the BAZ Bus reminds me of letting Martin, my younger brother, drive for the first time; being on the left side of the road and a lot of swerving.

6 comments:

  1. ...Very interesting story...hmmm...you guys going to be ok? I mean, you LOOK ok... ;o) It's funny that Daniel was talking in his sleep about the bank trouble when it was Kyle that actually was having the trouble! Sounds like you are still having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys are having a great time.I love you.Oh and I did take care of your bank stuff Daniel .So sleep peaceful now.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Daniel really did have bank trouble too?

      Delete
  3. Love the foto of tea drinking and trying to stay warm. Bob and Joan look like nice folks. Anxsious to hear about the Baz bus rides along the way.

    Mom and Dad Dewbre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget the giraffes. Happy adventuring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh yes. A beautiful winter day at the beach is my kind of weather ;)

    ReplyDelete